PM Vishwakarma Yojana
- PM Vishwakarma is a Central Sector Scheme launched on 17th September, 2023 by the Prime Minister of India to provide end-to-end support to artisans and craftspeople who work with their hands and tools.
- The Scheme covers artisans and craftspeople engaged in 18 trades, viz. Carpenter (Suthar/Badhai), Boat Maker, Armourer, Blacksmith (Lohar), Hammer and Tool Kit Maker, Locksmith, Goldsmith (Sonar), Potter (Kumhaar), Sculptor (Moortikar, stone carver), Stone breaker, Cobbler (Charmkar)/ Shoesmith/Footwear artisan, Mason (Rajmistri), Basket/Mat/Broom Maker/Coir Weaver, Doll & Toy Maker (Traditional), Barber (Naai), Garland maker (Malakaar), Washerman (Dhobi), Tailor (Darzi) and Fishing Net Maker.
- The government under the scheme will provide collateral-free loan up to Rs. 3 lakhs without any guarantee. The loans will be paid through Commercial Banks, Regional Rural Banks, and Other Financial Institutions.
Benefits Of the PM Vishwakarma Yojana
The Scheme envisages provisioning of the following benefits to the artisans and crafts persons:
- Recognition: Recognition of artisans and craftspeople through PM Vishwakarma certificate and ID card. The scheme provides recognition the successful applicants for their talented crafts and artisanal activates by promoting them in the market, exhibitions and fairs.
- Skill Upgradation: Basic Training of 5-7 days and Advanced Training of 15 days or more, with a stipend of Rs. 500 per day.
- Toolkit Incentive: A toolkit incentive of up to Rs. 15,000 in the form of e-vouchers at the beginning of Basic Skill Training.
- Credit Support: Collateral free ‘Enterprise Development Loans’ of up to Rs. 3 lakhs in two tranches of Rs. 1 lakh and Rs. 2 lakhs with tenures of 18 months and 30 months, respectively. The loan will be provided at a concessional rate of interest fixed at 5%, with Government of India subvention to the extent of 8%. People who complete the Basic Training will be eligible to avail the first tranche of credit support of Rs. 1 lakh. The second loan tranche will be available to beneficiaries who have availed the 1st tranche and maintained a standard loan account and have adopted digital transactions in their business or have undergone Advanced Training.
Incentive for Digital Transaction
An amount of Rs. 1 per digital transaction, up to maximum 100 transactions monthly will be credited to the beneficiary’s account for each digital pay-out or receipt.
Marketing support will be provided to the artisans and craftspeople in the form of quality certification, branding, onboarding on e-commerce platforms such as GeM, advertising, publicity and other marketing activities to improve linkage to value chain.
In addition to the above-mentioned benefits, the Scheme will onboard the beneficiaries on Udyam Assist Platform as ‘entrepreneurs’ in the formal MSME ecosystem. Enrolment of beneficiaries shall be done through Common Service Centres with Aadhaar-based biometric authentication on PM Vishwakarma portal.
The enrolment of beneficiaries will be followed by a three-step verification which will include:
- Verification at Gram Panchayat/ ULB level,
- Vetting and Recommendation by the District Implementation Committeeand
- Approval by the Screening Committee.
How to Apply?
- Open the Official Portal, pmvishwakarma.gov.in
- Create an account or enter your existing credentials. Register with Aadhar Card and mobile number.
- Fill out the personal information in the registration form.
- Download the Digital ID and Certificate created.
- Select the required scheme components and upload the necessary document.
- Check the Application Form for review to revise the application, if any.
- Submit the application form.
A message or email of approval will be sent, once all the information is verified.
- Email ID
- Domicile Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Bank Account & Passbook Details
- Passport Size Photograph
- Aadhar Card Number
- PAN Card Number
- Mobile Number.