Small Farmers Agribusiness Consortium
Small Farmers Agribusiness Consortium (SFAC) is an Autonomous Society promoted by Ministry of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers’ Welfare, Government of India. It was registered under Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860 on 18th January, 1994.
SFAC is implementing the central schemes of Government of India namely VCA, EGCGS for economic inclusion of small and marginal farmers in agribusiness activities.
The society organizes small and marginal farmers as Farmers Interest Groups, Farmers Producers Organisation and Farmers Producers Company for endowing them with bargaining power and economies of scale.
It provides a platform for increased accessibility and cheaper availability of agricultural inputs to small and marginal farmers and in establishing forward and backward linkages in supply chain management.
Recently the Society has been entrusted with the task of implementation of the critically important Delhi Kisan Mandi and National Agriculture Market Scheme on e-platform to progressively free agricultural trade and offer price discovery to farmers.
The society mainly focuses on:
- increasing incomes of small and marginal farmers through aggregation and development of agribusiness.
- SFAC offers Schemes like Equity Grant and Credit Guarantee Fund Scheme to FPCs to improve availability of working capital and development of business activities.
- It promotes development of small agribusiness through its VCA Scheme for value added processing and marketing linkages.
- SFAC is also implementing the National Agriculture Market Electronic Trading (e-Nam) platform.
Promoting Agri-Business by encouraging institutional and private sector investments and linkages to ensure the empowerment of all farmers in the country.
To link small farmers to technology as well as to the markets in association with private, corporate or cooperative sector and if necessary, by providing backward and forward linkages.
- To catalyze agro-industrial growth in the country based on the principles of ecological sustainability, economic efficiency and social equity.
- To assist in undertaking programs for employment generation, growth and diversification of agriculture & agro-based industries to increase food production and export of agriculture products.
- To identify and promote post-harvest processing/manufactures units in the public, private and cooperative sector.
- To promote organization of marketing chain both for domestic and export marketing.
- To influence Government policies for agriculture, thereby increasing the flow of resources and augmenting the rate of capital formation in agriculture sector.
- To pave the way for establishment of integrated producers’ organizations with forward and backward linkages.
- To prepare, print and publish papers, periodicals, monographs in furtherance of the objectives of the society.
AgriTech and Agri-Startups